Thank you all for electing Mike Wilson as Regional Director, Area "C" , Cobble Hill
OFFICIAL CVRD CELL: (250) 715-6874
FISHER ROAD ODOURS:
In response to further verbal and official written complaints to myself and the relevant CVRD department regarding odours emanating from the industrial area off Fisher Road, I have been advised as follows:
1) FRR is continuing with upgrades to the facility including:
a) Completion of the above ground storage tanks for leachate
b) Double layer covering on primary composting area: The first layer has been installed. The facility hopes to have the second (inner) layer installed very soon
c) Air curtain on the secondary composting area: There have been several delays with installing of the air curtain - The plan is to have the air curtain installed as quickly as possible
2) It is expected that these and other improvements are scheduled to be completed in April, though plans may change due to supplier and contractor availability.
3) During the most recent odour event(s), FRR has advised that they have no recorded incidents which may have caused this and that they continue to make improvements to mitigate these issues in the future.
4) I an advised that another area facility had turned outdoor composting windrows around this time and that this may have contributed to an increase in odour similar to those attributed to FRR in the past.
5) The CVRD has advised that they look forward to timely completion of the improvements at FRR and less extreme and frequent odour issues.
6) With regard to the protection of privacy and the requirement for an address to be included with the CVRD on-line Odour Complaint Form, please use the nearest intersection if you choose not to disclose your actual address while submitting an odour complaint.
There have been many requests and inquiries regarding potholes and the poor state of our roads, not just in Cobble Hill, but throughout the surrounding areas.
I will continue to advocate with MOTI to address these concerns and in the meantime, the following links shows the Province information page and our particular area contractor(s).
As you will see, there is a contractors contact number and e-mail address, so if you have concerns, please e-mail me ..... email@example.com .... and include the EMCON contact e-mail address as well.
EMCON handles the South Island and Main Road Contracting does Central and North Island.
Please be aware that at this time of year it is highly unlikely that the contractors will attempt any remedial works, at least until the warmer, drier weather arrives:
PLEASE NOTE MY NEW OFFICIAL CONTACT DETAILS:
CELL: (250) 715 6874